Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Settling in...

    Last week was a full week full of fun and new beginnings. On my birthday, Chau surprised me with dinner in downtown Portland, at Deschutes Brewery (below) where my cousin Carrie, her fiancé Andrew, their friend Mike and my friends Quint and Dacia were waiting to celebrate with me. I had no idea, but loved that they all drove out to spend time wishing me a happy birthday! It was nice to have a group up here (which I was not thinking would be happening on a weeknight, and for the amount of time we have been here) for this year's birthday. I definitely felt special:).


      Since my birthday I have worked everyday. The people I work with have been super nice and have welcomed me. I enjoy working again and I have to say that I feel that Chau (Bella) and I are settling in well. We still have our challenges, but for the most part we are learning more than ever, that the important things in life are worth the challenge. Also, by going through the tough times, the value of what we are working hard for becomes priceless due to the lessons, bonding and faith that is caused by the hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment